Visa® Gift Cards From JBT
JBT VISA® Gift Cards are a type of prepaid card carrying cash amounts which are determined by the giver when they purchase the card. By using this gift card, you can purchase goods and services at stores and outlets where Visa® debit cards are accepted within the United States.
JBT Visa® Gift Cards are sold ONLY to JBT clients.
What To Know When Purchasing A Gift Card
- The minimum one time load is $10, the maximum is $1,000.
- There is a $4.00 activation/purchase fee per card, collected at the time of purchase. This fee is non-refundable/non-waivable.
- There is a $5.00 fee to replace a lost/stolen card. That is deducted from the balance of your card and is non-refundable.
- If your card has no activity for a 12 month period, an inactivity fee of $2.95 per month will be deducted from the remaining balance of the card.
Important Tips For Using Your Card
- Your Gift Card can be used as a debit or credit card for purchases. To use your card as a debit card you must first establish a PIN by calling the customer service line and following the prompts to choose a PIN.
- Sign your card before using it and keep a record of the customer service number 1-866-496-6183
- Register your card at www.MyPrePaidBalance.com in order to make purchases online or by phone and to track current balance and transaction history.
- The Gift Cards cannot be used for cash in any capacity including ATMs, Cash Back at Point of Sale, or Cash Advances.
- If your purchase is more than your gift card available balance it may be declined unless it is processed as a split purchase.
- Gift Cards list a "Valid Thru date" which is required when used as a credit card (signature purchases). However, even if the date has passed, the available funds do not expire. You will not be charged a fee for replacement cards sent due to expiration of the Card.
- To report your card lost or stolen, contact the customer service number at 1-866-496-6183.
Gift Card FAQ's
Can I use my card at restaurants, hotels and car-rental agencies?
Yes, but keep in mind many service-oriented merchants automatically factor in an additional percentage to cover any gratuity you may leave or incidental charge you may incur. When using your card at restaurants, it's best to have an available balance that is 20 percent greater than your bill, and when using your card at hotels and car-rental agencies, check with the merchant to find out how much, if any, they over-authorize their transactions.
Can I use my card to pay at the pump at gas stations?
Yes, however, an authorization of at least $75 may be held on your account. This authorization may not be removed from your account for several days. To avoid this over-authorization, simply pay for your gas inside the service station.
How do I use my card?
At a merchant or store, you can use your card by selecting "credit" at the merchant's card terminal. Also, you may obtain a PIN (personal identification number) by calling the customer service number on the back of your card and following the automated instructions. Once you have a PIN, you can select "debit" at the point of sale. If you are making a purchase online or over the phone, just make sure the billing address you provide matches the one registered to your card. All of these options are subject to transaction fees. Please see the terms and conditions as outlined in the card user agreement (at the bottom of this page) for a listing of the associated fees.
What is the minimum age to purchase a Gift Card?
You must be 13 years or older to purchase a Gift Card.
Where can I use my card?
You can use your card where debit cards are accepted in the U.S. Just look at the checkout for the Visa® brand mark. Plus, your card can be used for online and phone purchases.
What should I do if there is unauthorized activity on my card?
Unauthorized activity should be reported to customer service at 1-866-496-6183.
- Cardholder must register card. Replacement fee may apply.
- Per card fees, offer, and products are subject to change without notice. Other fees may apply.
- Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.
- Review the Visa® Prepaid Gift Card Cardholder Agreement for further terms and conditions.
- Bank deposit products and services provided by Jonestown Bank & Trust Co. Member FDIC
Visa® Prepaid Gift Card Cardholder Agreement
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Address: 5501 S. Broadband Ln, Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Website: MyPrepaidBalance.com and My Prepaid App
Phone Number: 1-866-496-6183
Please visit https://www.gocardservices.com/cardholder-agreements-gift for the Visa® Prepaid Gift Card Cardholder Agreement.
Important Information About Purchasing a Prepaid Card
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a card account.
What this means for you: When you purchase a prepaid card, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. Prepaid card accounts are also subject to other fraud prevention measures.
Prepaid card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Visa® U.S.A. and pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Use everywhere Visa debit and debit Mastercard are accepted. Gift Cards valid only in the U.S. and have no cash access.
Copyright © 2018 MetaBank®
All trademarks and brand names belong to their respective owners. Use of these trademarks and brand names does not represent endorsement by or association with these companies. All rights reserved.