The New JBT.bank
Frequently Asked Questions
At JBT, we are committed to giving you peace of mind when banking online. That commitment is what led to the development of jbt.bank, our new domain as of January, 2019. jbt.bank provides an extra layer of security for visitors to our site, significantly reducing the risk of cyber threats.
Q: Why .bank?
A: A .bank domain has a higher level of security than any other domain, abiding to security requirements developed by the industry. The new domain helps prevent you from being rerouted to fake bank websites, making it harder for thieves to replicate a .bank domain. When you visit jbt.bank have confidence that:
- Only verified financial institutions are eligible for .bank domains.
- .bank environments provide an enhanced level of security against imposter sites and peace of mind for customers and business partners.
- A .bank domain helps to prevent users from being rerouted to fake banking websites through a required .bank security component, Domain Name System Security Extension
Q: Does this change in the website affect my online or mobile banking access?
A: Not at all! You will still be able to log in from our home page or go directly to our online banking page. Your user name and password for online banking will remain the same. If you have our home page bookmarked to your favorites, you may want to update it with the new URL address (www.jbt.bank) after January 2nd.
Q: What do I need to do?
A: There’s very little you need to do! If you have our website saved to your favorites on your browser, you may want to update it with the new URL (www.jbt.bank) after January 2nd. If you do happen to visit our existing website after we make this change, you’ll automatically be redirected to the new URL.
Q: Will bankjbt.com still take me to your site?
A: Yes. Whenever you type bankjbt.com into your browser, you will be redirected to jbt.bank.
Q: Why isn't the new domain working for me?
A: A certain version of your web browser is required to access our site. Here are some tips for updating your brower's address bar to ensure they are using Transport Layer Security.
- Security and privacy are essential features of conducting communications and transactions with us. When your internet browser communicates with us, we want to ensure your communications and transactions are secure and private. To do this, we need your help to make sure your internet browser is up-to-date and using the latest security versions, called TLS. Transport Layer Security, or TLS for short, ensures only your and our computers can read and display the information you send to us. Even if someone were to listen in or steal the information, they wouldn’t be able to use or even understand the information if it is secured with TLS.
- To make sure you are using a recent version of TLS you might need to:
- Turn on TLS in your internet browser;
- Update your internet browser to the latest version; or,
- Change your browser
Q: Will the site look different?
A: No. Our new website under the new domain will look the same as our current site. The only noticeable difference will be the website URL in the address bar.
Q: What if I have questions or need help?
For information or assistance, you can contact our Client Resource Center by calling 717-274-5180 (Option 1), sending a secure message through your JBT Online Banking Account, or emailing email@example.com. Our hours are as follows:
Monday – 7:30am – 7:00pm
Tuesday – 7:30am – 6:00pm
Wednesday – 7:30am – 6:00pm
Thursday - 7:30am – 7:00pm
Friday – 7:30am – 7:00pm
Saturday – 7:30am – 1:00pm
You can also visit your closest JBT office. Click here for a list of offices and locations.
To view Acrobat PDF documents, download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader